Saturday, January 3, 2009

Lover's Call...

-->
He who calls in the dead of night
From the forest dark and lonely
Calls me why, with a fading cry
“I know not”, I lie, I lie!

When morning chases away the night
I put on my mask, I am lovely
I earn concern, my critics discern
“You are the best”, they lie, they lie!

Comes dusk again with threat of night
All fears crawl in slowly
That haunting call, so sad, so small
“But I loved you”, not a lie, not a lie!

Mirror shows a face, at night
Beautiful, serene and lovely
Take the mask away, no beauty shall stay
“I am scarred”, why lie, why lie?

Accuse me not, I say oh Night!
Go away, cant stand being lonely
For you insinuate, "You killed your teacher, your mate"
“But he would spread my secret”, I lie, I try..

Memories that hurt, beg don’t come with night
No mask, still he loved though not lovely
By lover’s touch, his kiss, amour complete, nothing amiss
“Shall make you so pretty”, he tried, he tried!

Mask he made, so pretty in light after night
Now I can rule the world, with a face so lovely
Murdered him dead, on the night we wed

“I do love you” I whispered, such a lie, such a lie!

Now he is at the door, I can bear no more
Must answer his call, can’t live like this at all
I walk into the forest, forgotten the rest
His grave in peace, he smiles with ease
Slit my wrist I must, ah… peace at last
I shall wait here still, comes death till
And takes me to you, now I am true… so true!

No comments:

Post a Comment