Saturday, March 24, 2012

Your Clandestine Closet Girl

Passing through my conscience, unexplored
Walked into the insides of  a locked closet door.
Heard alive music, pretty women, clinking wine
Leaned in to hear whispers, laughter, your voice divine..

Stood there long, lost all sense of time
Men, women spoke of the world and verses rhymed
Just when I gathered self, started to walk away
You stepped in, took my hand, made my resolve betray

"Darling, you know you want to stay,
Let's see where this path goes, with me, come away"
I know I should have said, 'No'
I came close, my lips said, "Let's go..'

Walked through the woods, for miles, talking and teasing,
Souls wrapped in love, with love, gazing and seizing,
By the mirror lake, we felt the passion grow,
In the passion lake, your need, our bodies, my glow.

Throwing to the winds, matters worldly, by the closet, I wait
You come when you please, with matters of love and hate
Coax me always you do, my love
With all consuming passion of rides to many heavens above

You undo me time and time again
You bring summers and winters and torrential rains..
I tell my friends you drive me insane
I tell The World, your love is my gain..

But you always close that closet behind
You leave, the pain drives me blind
What if one day you never came back?!
You met with misfortune, died in an attack?!

"Take me with you" I said, "beyond the doors of the closet
Show me your home, your world and bequeath"
You laughed at the notion and shattered my heart
"You are a Clandestine Closet Girl, take you out?, Why on earth?"

With that you kept me standing and left.
Of love, passion and dignity - bereft!
I broke and wailed and kicked the door
Just my body and nothing more!?

Disgust of being just a back seat affair
Poured oceans of love, how is this fair?
I fashioned a lock out of greater resolve
Put it on the inside of your Clandestine Closet door.

I live in joy with a loving husband and kids
He knows where I have been, your treachery, my misdeeds
But the ghost of you looms as the passion is amiss
Of love and lust and your intoxicating kiss
Of all conquering touch that makes the toes curl
Will I always be Just Your Clandestine Closet Girl? 








2 comments:

  1. on 1 side wen ur conduct makes me ignore u like a busy frnd, its work like this that makes u ever so desirable!

    from being called articulate 1s by urself to being made speechless by u, it all begins and ends for me with u...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautifully put :) Thank you Sam. And point taken :P

    ReplyDelete