Sunday, August 12, 2012

No, You May Not

"Mother Mother look! How pretty is that blossom,
May I touch it, oh Mother Mother please..?"
"No child, you may not. We will buy you a bow."
"But I do not care for a bow!"
"Sure you do..."

"Mother Mother look! How beautiful is the rain,
May I dance in it, oh Mother Mother please..?"
"No child, you may not. We will buy you new shoes."
"But I do not care for new shoes!"
"Sure you do..."

"Mother Mother look! How happy is their life,
May we live like that, oh Mother Mother please..?"
"No child, we may not. We will bake you a cake."
"But I do not care for cakes!"
"Sure you do.."

"Mother Mother look! How true is his love,
May I love him, oh please Mother please..?"
"No child you may not, we will buy you a hat."
"Why do I need a hat?!"
"I just know you do.."

"Tell me Mother this,
If I may never have what I want
And love not what I love
Why do I live, tell me Mother Mother please.."

"You may live a life of dignity,
You may have no fun but sobriety.
You may live for the sake of Society,
Love nor Passion can ever out buy propriety!"


No comments:

Post a Comment