Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Conversation..

On a lonely road to nowhere
I met a man who was not there.
He called, “Come sit by the water,
I need to discuss this matter.”
We sat there long, side by side
Looking across the stream and meadows wide.
“Do you like the sky in this shade of blue?
Or that the leaves have this green hue?”
I looked at him, I smiled
While he inquired about the colors of flowers wild.
I assured, “You did fine,
“Be it sun, flower, fruit or wine.”
“Do you like the stars at night
Shining with sparkling silver light?
And the way wind blows
Or fresh water flows?”
I took to examining my toe nails
While he went on about peacocks, tigers and whales..
After a while, I put my hand on his shoulder
To cease his wonderings about textures of soil, rock and boulder.
Falling in his snug embrace, I looked into his eyes deep and clear
His warm smiling whisper filling my ear.
“..and how about your eyes green and lips pink?”
His lips smiled and eyes winked.
“Tell me how was your day today?
Did you cultivate sin? Spread dismay?”
“I am the devil” I replied.” That’s my job”
“You don’t look too happy” He observed. “ What’s the prob?”
“The things you make me do are horrid and unfair
Depression is occupational hazard for me, but I don’t suppose you care…
Why give mortals happiness, only to take it away?
Why show them dreams that achieve they never may!”
Caressing me he said, “ A mountain is high cause a valley is low
What is dense, is dense cause what is not is hollow.
Who would I heal, if no one was hurt?
What would they clean, if there was no dirt?”
Lifting my chin, he kissed me sweet and deep
He reminded me then that I have my word to keep…
“What is to be done, is to be done!”
And with those words my man was gone.
Well, now I must make haste, for I have a lot to do
Lets see who is next on my list…hmm.. Oh look! Its you!

2 comments: